Are you planning an event to help raise money for the British Thyroid Foundation? Email us to let us know at email@example.com Don't forget to send us some pictures and let us know how you got on!
- Kim Mellor, Jo Mellor, Daniel Mellor, Patrick McEvoy, Jackie Morris, Dave Morris, Steve Nixon and Denise Emmett are all taking part in the 'Born Survivor' challenge - the ultimate military obstacle course in May because there are a few family members that suffer from thyroid problems and one of their close family friends has Graves' disease. Click on their JustGiving page to donate
- Neil Millen will attempt to cycle the vertical height of Mount Everest, 29,029 feet, in order to raise funds for and awareness of Graves' Disease. He is a member of Kentisbeare Oldies Cycling Society (KOCS), and they will be heading to the Alps to complete the challenge! Neil explains his reasons for taking on this challenge: 'My family have been severely affected by this auto-immune thyroid disease over the last five years and both my daughter and wife have Graves' disease. Click on Neil's JustGiving page to donate.
- Clare Duffy is taking part in the Tough Mudder Half in Scotland in June. Both Clare and her sister have an underactive thyroid and wanted to challenge themselves. Click on Clare's JustGiving page to donate.
- Daniel Holborn is taking part in the Velathon Wales Cycle Race in July. The race involves up to 18000 amateurs and professionals riding 140km through Wales - including some of the hardest cycling climbs in the UK! Daniel's wife has Graves' disease and thyroid eye disease and Daniel is hoping to raise a lot of money for this tremendous challenge. Click on Daniel's JustGiving page to donate.
- Sheila Benbow is taking part in the Great Midlands Fun Run in June. Many of her family members have an under-active thyroid. Click on Sheila's JustGiving page to donate
- Bethan Howard Jones is taking on the Affric Kintail Trek, a new 44-mile cross-country route in Scotland in 24 hours in June. Bethan has suffered from both an under-active and over-active thyroid and wants to raise awareness of the BTF. Visit Bethan's JustGiving page to donate.
- Hilary Burns will be taking part in the Northumberland Coastal Challenge Marathon on 1 May. Hilary's daughter had a total thyroidectomy in 2016 at 15.
- Cameron Whitelaw is taking part in the Great West Run Exeter 2017 Half Marathon in October 2017. His wife has Graves' disease and he is keen to raise awareness. Click on Cameron's JustGiving page to donate.
- Steve Foulkes is taking on a cycling challenge in September 2017 for the BTF. He explains his reasons: 'Someone special to me went through thyroid cancer, whilst going through this she didn't even stop work or being a mum and carried on as if nothing was wrong. She is now doing her bit to help others by taking part in a clinical trial. Whilst she was going through this I felt helpless but now understand that I can do something small to help raise money and maybe awareness, so I am going to be doing the London to Paris cycle ride in September 2016 and am hoping to raise £1500 for the BTF Click on Steve's JustGiving page to donate.
Set up your own fundraising page at BT MyDonate
You can support recent fundraisers or setup a fundraising page of your own on the BTF's JustGiving page.