Are you planning an event to help raise money for the British Thyroid Foundation? Email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org Don't forget to send us some pictures and let us know how you got on!
- Mark Leach is taking part in a one day stage of the JoGle Cycle Britain Route. Mark and his mum both suffer from hypothyroisism. To donate please go to his JustGiving page.
- Rosie Roarty along with a group of friends; Jason Brown, Siobhan Feasey Louise Barnett, Toby Gowan, and Andrew Duncan will all be walking the Yorkshire Three Peaks on 25 August 2018. They plan to walk the three sizeable hills in less than 12 hours. Rosie has Grave’s disease and Thyroid Eye Disease since 2016 and recently under gone a thyroidectomy. Rosie decided that she would like to give something back to the BTF and also raise awareness for thyroid disorders. To donate please visit their JustGiving page.
- Alex McMullan and Reece Avery will be running in the Virgin Sport British 10k London Run 15 July 2018 to help raise awareness of thyroid disorders and provide better treatment for patients. To donate please go to their JustGiving page.
- Simon Owneson will be taking part in the DRAM Dundee Runners Adventure Marathon on the 15 July 2018. Simon is taking part in the marathon on behalf of his daughter who has Congenital Hypothyroidism. To donate please go to his JustGiving page.
- Karen Stevens will be taking part in the Virgin Sport British 10k London Run on 15 July 2018. Karen would like to raise awreness of Greaves' disease after having a thyroidectomy three years ago. If you would like to support karen please go to her MyDonate page.
- Gemma Sheppard will be running in the Great East Run on 16 September 2018. Gemma decided to take part because she wanted to show her daughters that you could achieve anything when you put your mind to it. To support Gemma please visit her Justgiving page.
- Ben Hardman will be taking part in the Tough Mudder North West on 9 September 2018. Ben is taking on this challenge for his wife who was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder. To donate please go to his JustGiving page.
- Angela Court-Johnston and her daughter, Esme are running in the SimplyHealth Great North Run 2018 to help raise both funds and awareness for BTF.If you would like to donate, please visit their BT MyDonate page.
- Andi Robinson is running in the SimplyHealth Great North Run 2018 to help raise both funds and awareness for BTF
- Joe Straw, BTF trustee, is raising awareness about thyroid disease, and how it can affect children, by setting himself an amazing year of challenges. During 2018 he will complete Joe's Five@25 and do a skydive, the Yorkshire Three Peaks (in under six hours), a triathlon, a bunjee jump and a half marathon to Mam Tor. To find out more about Joe and his challenges, and to donate to his fundraising please visit his JustGiving page.
- Katherine Kneebone and her brother James Kneebone are running in the Virgin Sport British 10k London Run 15 July 2018 to help raise awareness of thyroid disorders and provide better treatment for patients. For more information go to their fundraising page.
Martha Jeffrey is running in the SimplyHealth Great North Run 2018 on behalf of the BTF. If you would like to donate please go to her BT MyDonate page.
Julian Jackson lost his sight in 2010 to a retinal inherited disease. Having personally overcome many challenges, he his convinced that ongoing eye research will provide solutions that will give those wrestling with avoidable and unavoidable sight loss so much hope, independence, mobility, financial independence and emotional well being.
The British Thyroid Foundation is delighted to be supporting Julian on his extremely courageous 1,000 mile Big Blind Walk from Land’s End to John O’Groats. Julian has again decided to embark on another inspirational fundraising challenge to raise awareness of sight loss, support research and create a translational research fund at the National Eye Research Centre (NERC). As a charity who support patients with Thyroid Eye Disease and aims to promote better treatment for patients, we are very proud to be a supporting organisation for Julian and wish him all the luck with his remarkable fundraising efforts!
If you would like to sponsor this walk, help plan the route, drive the support vehicle or walk with Julian along some of the way, introduce him to potential sponsors or generate some media interest then please go to the Big Blind Walk website or email Julian email@example.com or call him on 07773800073.
Set up your own fundraising page at BT MyDonate
You can support recent fundraisers or setup a fundraising page of your own on the BTF's JustGiving page.