The 9th International Thyroid Awareness Week is marked during the week of 22-28 May 2017. The BTF is delighted to celebrate this international event by helping to promote information about the many, and often unknown, symptoms of thyroid disorders.
The BTF works with UK medical professionals and thyroid patients to produce comprehensive and reliable information about all common thyroid disorders. This includes:
- 14 Information Guides which deal with symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and management of most thyroid disorders
- a Thyroid and Diet Fact Sheet which sets out the information you need to support your thyroid with a good diet
- information about hair loss, which is sometimes a symptom of thyroid imbalance, can be found in our Hair Loss and Thyroid Disorders Guide
- a Parent/Carer Guide for families of children with thyroid disease
- an overview of the importance of dietary iodine and why it's so important for a healthy thyroid
Please help to raise awareness about thyroid health by sharing this information.